Good morning Challengers. Well it finally happened, a thing that hasn't happened in the last two years of doing this challenge-I woke up this morning and thought, 'Did I send my post?' Well no I didn't. So I apologize and with the old adage, 'better late than never' here it is.
Today Challengers, I'm feeling flat. I felt that way a bit yesterday too, but being at the ski hill with so much going on around you is a hard place to wallow, but today home by myself (except for two sleeping teens) I'm feeling a bit sorry for my self. Thinking how to get myself out of this funk, I think about some of the advice I've heard over the years on self care, and thought today I'd share some of that wisdom. (hint: it's not a bubble bath and vagina candle)
Self care: Five different ideas
1. Go for a walk outdoors-preferably in nature (you knew that was going to be number one didn't you?)
2. Meet a friend for coffee-I'm an extrovert and will always feel better around others.
3. Curl up under a blanket and watch something frivolous on Netflix (and don't feel bad about it)
4. This one is from my friend Kristina. "Self care isn't a bubble bath, it's doing your taxes so it's not hanging over your head for six months."
5. And this one is from Robyn-wisdom from the youth. "Self care is creating a life you don't have to regularly escape from."
Today, I think I'll take a walk with my man, and maybe stop for a coffee while were out and see if that helps.
Today's photo prompt: Let's see how you do self care (pg only please)
Until tomorrow, have an outdoorsy day.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Even though February was longer than usual this year, it felt like it went by faster, maybe it was the warm weather, with yesterday being the coldest day we had all month. Maybe just the busyness of it, maybe my kids are bigger now, I'm not struggling being shut indoors with Littles. Whichever it was I hope the challenge helped you get through the month too.
Until next year Challengers...have an outdoorsy day.